- Every extra energy star can cut 27% off the lifetime running costs of washing machines and 15% off dryers.
- Use the energy rating label to find the most efficient television. Compare models of your desired screen size - the more stars the better. Every extra energy star can save you 20% on running costs over the life of your television.
- A plasma TV consumes more electricity than an LCD TV. The electricity consumption depends upon the star rating of each product. For example a 6 star rated mid size plasma TV can cost around $108 to run per year compared to $85 per year for LCD TV of the same star rating built by the same manufacturer. The older plasma TV will have much higher electricity consumption than the modern LCD/LED TV.
- Save up to 75% on lighting bills by replacing old bulbs with new compact fluorescents. For every CFL you install you will save around $20 year.
- Save water and 30% on your dishwasher's running costs with every extra star. The most efficient dishwashers use half the water of average models, so you also save money on your water bills.
- Save 23% on the running costs of your fridge or freezer with every extra star.
- A fridge uses more electricity than any other appliance in your home. Every extra star can save you hundreds of dollars over the life of your fridge and freezer. The more stars the better.
Use the Save Power buyer guides to help you choose an energy efficient household appliance and lighting option for your home. Visit a participating store for advice and an in-store copy of the guides, or download your copy now.